Tuesday, July 12, 2011

#063 Excessive Music Volume in Drive-Throughs

Imagine you've been working and you haven't eaten all day, and you're practically dying of starvation. You pull your vehicle into the nearest fast-food restaurant and go into the drive-through. You’re just about to place your order when a vehicle pulls up in line behind you with their music practically as loud as possible.

I don't know about you, but when I get super hungry I get really bitchy, too. So the fact that someone wouldn’t turn down their music volume while I’m trying to order some food would piss me off so badly that I might just be inclined to do something irrational. They will have to turn it down when they pull up to the speaker anyways, so when you're that close together everyone around you can hear it, too. This makes for very difficult order-placing and order-taking, and everyone has to repeat themselves to make sure it is correct which pretty much defeats the purpose of the drive-through (efficiency).

Do yourself and your surroundings a favor and save whatever hearing ability you have left by turning down your music ALWAYS.

1 comment: