Tuesday, July 26, 2011

#065 Replenishment - Printer Paper

It's not a difficult task... if the printer runs out of paper, put more in.

The people in my office astonish me sometimes. Some people print out the most ridiculous crap, without any regard for the content, and then leave it on the printer for days. There's a bin for unclaimed documents, and each time I go to pick up something that I printed I just grab the whole stack below mine and place it in the bin. Get your crap off the printer and eliminate clutter!

What really gets me is when I walk over to claim my document, but then I notice it didn't print because it's out of paper. So I fill it back up with paper and, wouldn't you know, about 15 other documents come out before mine. Soooo... none of you lazy asses could walk over to the printer to retrieve your document and notice it's out of freaking paper? Why did you print it, then, if you didn’t want to go pick it up?

1 comment:

  1. My first office gig out of college, when I was in a cubicle, our office shared a printer and two of my colleagues would be constantly printing personal material. Not anything inappropriate, but gardening material and documents for the various committees they were apart of in their spare time. It was rather obnoxious to have to sort threw their miscellaneous garbage to find my restraining order paperwork. It was not uncommon to run out of paper in the middle of one of their print runs. Since the printer was closest to me, I was had the unspoken responsibility of keeping the paper tray full. Towards the end of my tenure, I became notorious for holding the cancel button the printer and then resending my print job. (Hello?! I had appointments and couldn't sit there and wait for it to spit out 50 pages on the community corrections committee.)

    I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete