Friday, April 19, 2013

#115 Trash (Emptying)

Currently my house is under construction and I'm in a living situation that is less than ideal for my mental well-being. However, it is extremely cheap and I'm getting a lot of free daycare (and I'm very close to the project), so I really can't complain too much. But one thing I can't stand about living where I am is the trash situation in this household.

I have written about trash before, but this is a little different. This family goes through so much trash I can't even believe it. In my household we typically fill a tall kitchen garbage can full of trash in about 6 days. Changing the trash in this household occurs on a daily basis. I believe this largely has to do with the fact that they don't recycle (shame on them), so bottles and cans that should otherwise be recycled are not compressed and take up a lot of space in the garbage can.

Also, everyone is so lazy that they just fill and fill and overfill the garbage can until the lid will no longer close because there is so much trash in there, and no one takes the lid off to remove the bag and replace it with a new one. Because, you know, if you empty the garbage can, you actually have to (gasp!) take the bag outside and walk down (and then up again?!) some stairs to the outdoor garbage can. It seems like every time I go to throw something away the garbage can is already full again. I feel like I just emptied it!!! Oh wait... I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment