Tuesday, July 9, 2013

#117 Dirty Dishes in the Sink

I have previously mentioned that I'm currently in a less-than-stellar living environment, and that there are certain things that bother me in this situation that I really can't control or even change for the duration of my home remodel... because it's not my house and not my family and I have no right to say anything or change anything. However, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to dislike it. In this case, dirty dishes piled up in the sink are bothering me.

Please note that the display in this post's photo is NOT located in my current dwelling, but this photo does represents the annoyance I am faced with every single day. The person responsible for the dirty dishes in the sink insists that everyone else contribute to this person's delinquency as it pertains to their laziness of appropriate dirty-dish-placement. For example, rather than place my dirty dishes in the dishwasher (which is either clean and has been waiting to be emptied all day, or dirty and has only a few items loaded), this person would rather I stack my dirty dishes in the sink so that they, at a later time, can do all of the rinsing and loading into the dishwasher because everything needs to fit "just so" in order to run the dishwasher the least amount of times necessary.

Additionally, because the dishes are piled so high in the sink, it is next to impossible to even use the faucet at all, let alone do something sanitary like wash one's hands.

And not only do they go to such an extent to run the dishwasher as little as possible, but they pre-wash everything before it goes into the dishwasher. I don't mean like just removing chunks of food and giving it a slight rinse... I mean they full-on wipe the dishes with a sponge with soap before loading everything into the machine.

Yesterday I went out of my way to make sure that I loaded the dishwasher (as "just so" as I could possibly fathom), ran it, emptied it, and re-loaded with the few dishes in the sink before going to bed, and then today when I came home there were dirty dishes in the sink rather than placed in the dishwasher to keep them from stinking up the kitchen or clogging up the sink.

Teabags. Used teabags. USED! In the sink!!! WHYYY?!???!??! THROW THEM AWAY!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment