Tuesday, November 2, 2010

#024 Tampon Strings

Tampons are awesome. I'm so glad I live in modern times where my only option for controlling my menstrual flow is NOT a belt-connected pad the size of a pillow (like how it used to be back before my mother got her period).

However, the string really bothers me sometimes. It's bad enough it hangs there kind of in the way when I have to urinate... but I practically give up fluids altogether while I'm on my period so that I don't have to pee so often - it's just annoying.

Oh, and don't even try to tell me that there are tampons without strings - I know they exist, but seriously: WHO uses those?! To me, that's totally disgusting.

But then when it's time to do #2, I get so concerned that I'm going to wipe that string up my crack! I've done that before, and it's gross.... because then you have to pry it out of there and then change the tampon (which you may or may not have available for that trip to the restroom, depending on where you are). Or, if it happens but you don't notice it until you get up and walk away, or if you don't realize it until later when you're walking around... it's just uncomfortable.

1 comment: