Wednesday, December 7, 2011

#080 Vehicle Accessories (Christmas)

When it comes to personalizing something like a car, I would like to tell you that I'm pretty open-minded but that would probably be a lie. I have already blogged about my feelings on memorial stickers and raunchy decals, but this post is dedicated to the stupid holiday-themed kits that people put on their vehicles.

Recently I have been seeing a ton of people with these "Rudolph" kits... you know, the ones where people place a fuzzy red "nose" on the front of their vehicle and affix "antlers" to the side windows (I have included a photo in case you have been lucky enough to never experience this atrocity). I'm guessing that most of these people have children and only decorate their vehicles for the sake of the kids. Someone I work with had the kit on their vehicle today and it took everything within me to not give this person all kinds of crap about it... and I know for a fact this person has younger kids so that is how I arrived at my aforementioned assumption.

I have also seen small wreaths attached to the front of vehicles, as well as roof racks decorated with garland and ribbons. These seem to be less common than the Rudolph kits, but I still don't understand what is the desire to decorate like this. They are on the outside of the vehicle: 1. you cannot see it (to enjoy it) while you’re driving, 2. (in this part of the country) they are just going to get really dirty and brown from being exposed to the elements (snow, salt, etc.), 3. everyone gets to see how much of a tool you are while you just cruise along pretending you are awesome. Make no mistake, people: decorating your vehicle for Christmas is a waste of money. Use the money you would have spent on decorating your vehicle and donate it to a charitable organization instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment