Wednesday, August 8, 2012

#104 Early Enquiries

Mornings are generally rough for everyone, unless you're one of those freaks who are peppy and spirited all the time (including first thing in the morning)... in which case: you're annoying. So, if we work together and you happen to arrive before me, please wait at least 10 minutes before asking me any questions (or pretty much talking to me in general).

I live about an hour away from where I work. So to be at work by 7am, I have to be up around 5am to leave my house by 6am to make it to work on time. Getting up at 5am doesn't seem to get any easier, even if I have been doing it for over 4 years now. Even after a 1-hour drive into work, I'm still not all that awake – not awake enough to want to talk to anyone about something I can't focus on until I've gotten situated at my desk for a few minutes. Most people drink coffee, but I don't, and I may or may not seek an alternative caffeine source in the morning to get me going, depending on how I'm feeling. Either way, what's the rush?

Regardless of how I'm feeling in the morning, just give me some space. I don't jump all over someone when they first arrive at their desk just because I have something to ask them – it's not polite. I expect them to extend me the same courtesy when I arrive, and I really don't think that's asking too much. Whatever you have to ask me can, and will, wait for me to get situated for the day. Things that I am dealing with on a daily basis are (fortunately) NOT life-or-death situations. So chill the fuck out already.

No comments:

Post a Comment