Friday, February 6, 2015

#130 Restroom Stall Spacing

Having to use a public restroom while at work is a reality for many people. It's bad enough that we have to do our private business in a not-very-private place, but if people paid more attention to stall spacing (or urinal spacing, if you're male) things would be slightly less uncomfortable.

From what I understand, men have a hard-and-fast rule about using public urinals: always leave at least a one-urinal buffer between yourself and the next guy. This is especially important for the first guy up to the urinal: he sets the spacing for all those that follow him while he's in there.

I really wish that women would follow this thinking. Here is a photo of a restroom that I was in today.
Twice today when I went into this restroom someone was in the #2 standard-sized stall. In order to create (what I consider) proper spacing, what she should have done was chosen either the #1 or #3 standard-sized stall, or the handicap stall. Since the toilet in the handicap stall is against the far wall, there is already a built-in buffer between the handicap stall and the #3 standard-sized stall, so one person could occupy each of those and still have decent spacing between them. This would allow a third person to use the restroom in the #1 stall, all while maintaining the comfort of adequate spacing.

Hearing other people urinate is not so much an issue, but hearing other people poop is just disgusting. The farther away from me that you are while you're doing it, the better. Everyone poops, but I really don't want to hear it or even think about other people doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I was just saying this today. I ran into the same issue. Someone went into the middle one when all the other ones were open.. I don't understand why someone would choose the middle one(forcing me to slip into Stealth mode). Maybe they have some type of fetish we don't know about (Or want to know about).

    ReplyDelete